TripGuru is a Hong Kong based travel startup redefining the way we choose, book, and share unforgettable experiences.
Our offices are currently located in Hong Kong, the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, and India – with more on their way! We are currently searching for an Asia Pacific Destination Manager to grow our presence in the region. The remotely-based position will have you traveling most of the time, your mission being to drive the performance of our Signature Destinations throughout the region.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for the on-boarding and management of key attractions, tours and local partners. As our brand ambassador, he or she will also be responsible for building strong business relationships and creating strategic supply advantages for TripGuru.
DON’T apply for this job if you love staying in your comfort zone. DO apply if you’re a risk taker who embraces diversity, relationship-building, travel, ownership, and growth potential.
- Identify, hire, and manage relationships with new local tour coordinators
- Responsible for multiple destinations. Relocation to destinations for long periods of time is required, as well as frequent travel between different destinations (Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Indonesia, Japan, Australia. More may come later.)
- Work as a bridge between the market expansion team and local coordinators to develop new tours and optimize existing inventory
- Support the Operations team in dealing with issues concerning local tour coordinators and guides
- Support the Marketing and Business Development team team in developing promotional initiatives and local distribution partnerships
- Reporting line: founders
- 2+ years of experience in B2B sales, with a background in tourism/e-commerce environment
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- Proficient computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Strong in data analysis and reporting
- Extremely well-organized and disciplined
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to deal with different cultures and backgrounds
- Interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Understanding of ethical business practices in the tourism industry
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient, autonomous while having the confidence to seek guidance and direction as needed
- Comfortable working under pressure and passionate about problem-solving
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with commercial drive and ambition
- Ability and desire to work for a growing, fast-paced start-up company
- Ability to set and exceed aggressive individual and organizational goals
- Fluent and/or highly proficient in both oral and written English (fluency in other Asian languages a plus)
- Passionate about traveling
You can find the full job advert here
Please send through your Cover Letter, CV and expected salary to email@example.com