The good news: Finding options for where to stay in Bali is usually breeze. The bad news: None! When it comes to looking for Bali hotels, hostels, guest houses, resorts, inns and more, there are so many Bali accommodations to choose from – mostly top quality at incredible value. You’ll know what we mean if you’ve been.
However, sifting through endless villas on booking websites can be a massive time-waster. Allow the team at TripGuru – bonafide Bali experts – to assist in your decision-making! If you know the area you want to stay in, check out our list of where to stay in Bali (divided by area, and then further divided by budget). You’re 👏 welcome 👏
While not as busy as its nearby sister area Seminyak, Canggu has an excellent surf and healthy food scene, with numerous cafes and restaurants one might call “hipster”…
1. COMO Uma Canggu: One of the more popular beachfront Bali resorts known for its laid-back cafe scene and fantastic waves
2. The Oshan Villas Bali: This 4-star hotel features 6 large rooms and plenty of amenities to spare
3. Ametis Villa: This luxury lifestyle villa features a home-style concept and a personal butler who will attend to your every wish and need
4. Hotel Tugu Bali: A beautiful boutique museum-hotel that houses antiques to share the stories and legends of Indonesia’s ancient kingdoms.
5. The Haven Suites Bali Berawa: An all-suite hotel that sits right by Berawa Beach, making it the perfect location to watch the sun set.
6. Sense Canggu Beach Hotel: Voted as one of the best resorts in Bali, this place also comes with a reasonable price tag considering its luxurious amenities.
1. FRii Bali Echo Beach: With comfy and hip interiors, this place is your home away from home
2. The Bija Canggu: Recently renovated, this place has villas that are available for both short and long term stays
3. Djabu Echo Beach: This guest house has rooms equipped with LED TVs, mini bars, swimming pools and more
4. The Bali Dream Villa & Resort Echo Beach Canggu: It is their mission that you experience the traditional Balinese way of life in a relaxing and comfortable environment.
1. Serenity Eco Guesthouse & Yoga: Just a five-minute stroll from the beach, this place offers a welcome retreat for surfers, yogis, and the like
2. The Farm Hostel: The people here use locally sourced furniture, plants, materials, and labour to bring a sense of home to each of their visitors
3. My Villa Canggu: Elegant private villas decorated in modern minimalist style with touches of Balinese design
4. WaterBorn Bali: Located in the heart of Canggu, this place lures surfers in with their fun atmosphere and cheap prices
5. Perissos Echo Beach Bali: Clean, comfortable, and fairly new, its friendly staff will do their darndest to make your stay memorable
If you want to stay in Bali’s trendy zone (read: beach clubs and bars), this is the place to be. There are also several tasteful boutiques to browse in the area. However, expect streets here to be narrow and traffic to be heavy.
1. Alila Seminyak: Get away from the busy streets of Seminyak and escape the hustle and bustle in this paradise, definitely one of the top hotels in Bali
2. The Oberoi Beach Resort, Bali: Thoughtful harmonious color palettes, beautiful ocean and garden views, and traditional Balinese designs all come together in one of the best hotels in Bali
3. The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa: If you’ve ever wished to be transported back to Bali of the 1970s before mass tourism started, then this place is the place to be
4. Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak Beach: Located in the heart of one of Bali’s most vibrant districts, this place also features a large outdoor pool and other equally luxe amenities
5. W Bali – Seminyak: One of the best luxury hotels in Bali, this place has a 24-hour spa and gym, numerous pools and restaurants, and so much more
1. Disini Luxury Spa Villas: This 5-star boutique villa is known for its exceptional spa services, including their traditional Balinese massage, aroma therapy massage, and reflexology
2. Villa Seminyak Estate & Spa: Unbelievably spacious, private, and idyllic, you won’t believe it’s actually nestled in the heart of Seminyak
3. Ramada Encore: If you’re looking for Bali accommodation deals, this place has a lot of promos and packages that are sometimes too good to be true!
4. The Tukad Villa: Relax and unwind in one of these private villas, complete with your own private bathroom and garden
5. Desamuda Village: Nestled among luscious tropical gardens and designed in modern Balinese style, this place will have you feeling like you just entered paradise
1. Harris Hotel Seminyak – Bali: Also known as Hotel di Seminyak Bali, this place has bright, clean, and comfortable rooms especially good for traveling families
2. Horison Ultima Seminyak Hotel: This budget hotel features a restaurant and bar, a sky lounge, and free beach club for all its patrons
3. Kyriad Royal Seminyak Bali: This place offers modern Balinese-style villas with a private pool, kitchenette and free Wi-Fi. Aside from a main outdoor pool and spa, the resort also provides a free scheduled shuttle service to Canggu Club and the Seminyak area
4. Kosta Hostel: A tropical-designed hostel with pool views; it’s home to an onsite cafe that serves healthy soul food and drinks
5. favehotel Sunset Seminyak: This stylish budget hotel is a favorite among holiday goers for simple, fresh, comfortable and affordable rooms
Located in central Bali, Ubud is surrounded by lush forests and is known as the island’s cultural capital. If you want to explore the Ubud Art Market or Ubud Monkey Forest, staying overnight here is a good idea. Ubud also has a reputation of being a sublime yoga and meditation retreat. Away from the buzz of the beachfront, it’s the perfect place to focus on yourself…
1. Desa Visesa Ubud: Think ancient traditions and practices combined with luxury comforts and conveniences
2. Royal Kamuela Villas & Suites: This place boasts 12 luxurious pool villas that are all just a short distance away from the famous Ubud Monkey Forest
3. Bisma Eight Hotel: Voted by TripAdvisor among their 2019 Travelers’ Choice, this luxury boutique hotel celebrates the natural and cultural heart of central Bali
4. Komaneka at Monkey Forest: Originally a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, it now features luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant and spa
5. Element by Westin Bali Ubud: This luxury hotel offers healthy, farm-to-table fare at Andong Teras, a refreshing saltwater pool and holistic treatments at their spa PancaMaya Wellness, and much more
1. Plataran Ubud Hotel & Spa: A sprawling haven of tranquility located just off Ubud’s main dining hub of Jalan Hanoman Road
2. The Samara Villas & Restaurant: The Samara prides itself on their professional and friendly staff, all of which have been in training for two years or more
3. SenS Hotel & Spa: A 4-star boutique hotel in downtown Ubud featuring elegant, contemporary aesthetics that reflect the artisan heritage of Bali’s cultural capital
4. Masia Villa Ubud: Situated in the middle of some rice fields next to the center of Ubud, this place offers a peaceful ambience, making it an excellent choice for rest and rejuvenation.
5. Umae Villa Ubud: If you want to have it all in one place, Umae has recreational facilities like massage treatments, an indoor pool, and a garden all designed for escape and relaxation.
1. Ubud View Bungalows: Located in the heart of Ubud, this place is an excellent choice for budget travelers who still want to experience luxe amenities
2. Champlung Sari Hotel: If you want to retreat to a place for some R&R, this place is a good start; they have special Bali hotel deals and packages that you can check out in their website
3. Pondok Pundi Village Inn: Natural surroundings, wooden Balinese design, and a spa just a short hop away from the main sights
4. Mandia Bungalow’s: With many local and loyal guests, this place offers good customer service and affordable rates
5. The Grand Sunti: This affordable 3-star hotel marries modern simplicity with Balinese design, surrounded by nature
Situated on the southern tip of the island, Uluwatu is known for its dramatic cliffs, legendary swell and magical sunsets. It’s a great place to stay if you want to get away from the busy areas of Seminyak and Canggu, but take note that prices for accommodations in Uluwatu are considerably higher then the other areas.
1. Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort: One of the premier Bali Indonesia resorts, this place is set on the southern tip of Bali, on a dramatic cliffside overlooking the Indian Ocean
2. Bulgari Resort Bali: One of the most exclusive resorts on the island, Bulgari was born out of the encounter between traditional Balinese forms and high Italian style
3. Alila Villas Uluwatu: Surrounded by breathtaking coastal vistas with unending sky and ocean views, these luxury villas offer an escape to paradise
4. Radisson Blu Bali Uluwatu: One of the top Bali Indonesia hotels, you can take in all the stunning views from this glorious resort hotel
5. Hidden Hills Villas: With many awards under its belt, this place is a piece of paradise combining privacy and exceptional service.
1. Origin Uluwatu: A collection of 14 luxury tents ensconced in lush tropical gardens, Origin Uluwatu is the first ‘glamping’ resort of its kind in Bali’s famed Bukit
2. Uluwatu Cottages: Excellent service and superior facilities such as safety deposit boxes, bicycle rentals, laundry services, a restaurant, and airport transfers
3. Blue Point Bay Villas & Spa: With an oceanic backdrop exposed to the elements of nature and intimate dining moments against the orange-tinged Balinese Sunset, this place is a favorite among families and couples
4. Puri Uluwatu Villas: Designed by surfers and their families, this place prides itself on authentic Balinese service and access to a private beach for surfing
5. PinkCoco Bali Hotel: Located just a stone’s throw away from the famous Padang-Padang surf breaks, this place is popular among surfers and backpackers alike
1. Batu Kandik Homestay Uluwatu: With an outdoor swimming pool, free private parking, a shared lounge, garden, and yummy breakfast, this place is a popular choice among budget travelers
2. Ashana Hotel: ‘Ashana’ – which the Balinese use before prayer – means being prepared. The people at Ashana Hotel relate this to mean being ready to make their guests feel welcome.
3. Casamar Hostel: This affordable hostel is located near areas like Waterbom Bali, Olas de Bali Surf School, Yeye’s Warung & Gift Shop, and Trattoria Uluwatu to name a few
4. Puri Kelapa Guest House: Budget accommodations can be beautiful as proven in this place with simple but tasteful interiors and amenities
5. Livingwell Inn: Part of the Livingwell Lifestyle Center, this place has two swimming pools, gardens, shops, a wellness center, spa, organic cafe and restaurant
We hope you’re still with us after this long list. Were you able to decide where you’ll be staying yet? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to know everything there is to know about Bali? Check out our Bali City Guide here.
Traveling alone to Bali? Read How to Navigate Bali as a Solo Traveler.
If you’re more interested in Bali nightlife, read our Ultimate Guide here.
Featured image: @chandraangkawijaya